THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
For more than 20 years, the independent and politically neutral Chamber of Commerce has been successfully promoting business between Swiss companies and firms in the following partner countries:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The Chamber of Commerce Switzerland – Central Europe (SEC) was founded in 1999 in Zurich from a merger of seven bilateral chambers of commerce. Learn more about the foundation HERE. The non-profit organization has since grown to 17 countries based in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
We are equally active for Swiss as well as companies in our partner countries and offer a wide range of services. Starting with the market entry, continuing with corporate law issues and accounting, even tax law as well as marketing and sales. Together with our partners we have the knowledge and experience to develop proposals for tailor-made and practical solutions.
Our focus is on promoting the business interests of our members!
Whether you are looking for the right business contacts, outsourcing partners, location or market entry: We are your competent partner!
In order to cultivate and promote trade and economic relations, we work closely with associations, embassies, authorities, industrial and service companies as well as other chambers of commerce at home and abroad.
With our Chamber of Commerce by your side, you have a powerful partner who knows all the details in Switzerland and the different aspects in our partner markets.
Take advantage of this competence!
Of course, we also offer our expertise to non-members, but our members benefit from discounts and numerous advantages. Become part of our strong network and take advantage of our services!
SEC – YOUR GATEWAY TO CEE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The board of our chamber of commerce consists of representatives of a wide array of Swiss companies who a all volunteer to help improve trade and cultural and civic exchange between Switzerland and the CEE countries.
GUEST TO THE BOARD (Potential election 2023)
FOUNDING ASSEMBLY 22 JUNE 1999
Founded by seven bilateral chambers of the following countries: Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic and by 12 companies in the premises of Mirabaud & Cie in Zurich.
FOUNDING MEMBERS OF OUR CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Roger Unterberger I Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Slovak Republic (President-designate) I Gondrand AG
- Kurt van Schellenbeck I Board member of various chambers of commerce (Vice President-designate) I Asea Brown Boveri AG
- Werner H. Grauwiler I Swiss-Romanian Chamber of Commerce (Vice President-designate) I Lonza AG
- J. Mischa Mensik I Vice President Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Croatia
- Dr. Friedrich von Schwarzenberg I Honorary President of the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Czech Republic and the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Slovak Republic I Mirabaud & Cie
- Peter Huwyler I Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Slovenia I Zürcher Kantonalbank
- Urs Kamber I Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Czech Republic
- Patrick Kraus I Switzerland-Bulgaria Joint Chamber of Commerce I Tradeways AG
- Dr. H. R. Voegeli I President of the Swiss-Yugoslav Chamber of Commerce
- Rudolf Friedli I SIPPO
- Gerold Bührer I President Baltic-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce and National Councillor (FDP) I Georg Fischer AG
- Reto Iten I Reto Iten Spares & Metals
- Jacques Epars I Nestlé S.A.
- Zarko Bedekovic I Adria Adventure
- Michael Stensrud I Credit Suisse Group
- Oskar Feusi I Credit Suisse First Boston
- Dieter Hurlin I Sulzer AG
- Christian Lerch I Standard Chartered Bank
- Patrick Kraus I Tradeways AG
- Gino Giuliato I UBS AG
- Reto Candinas I PartnerRe
- Dr. H.R. Voegeli
At that time, Arno Rolny-Roth and Roger Wightman made themselves available as auditors.
In the middle of the picture is Dr Friedrich von Schwarzenberg with Roger Unterberger on his left hand and Arno Rolny-Roth next to him.
To Dr Friedrich von Schwarzenberg’s right hand is J. Mischa Mensik, next to him Peter Huwyler and next to him Urs Kamber.
Front left in picture Rudolf Friedli.